Every road user should be able to feel safe during their journey.
Unfortunately, for many vulnerable road users, this is still not the case in Europe, and their needs are sometimes still hidden for organisations and policy makers.
During this online workshop Road safety for all, the Charter will give a platform to these groups to better understand the challenges they are facing and how all Charter members can collaborate to improve their safety via best practices.
You will be able to hear experts reveal more information about the following topics:
- Impact of gender inequality on safety (Isobel Duxfield, POLIS)
- Elderly on the road (Karin Müller, Deutsche Verkehrswacht)
- Driving together with cyclists (Aleksander Buczynski, ECF)
- Safer Cycling Advocate Program (Valeria Motta, Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety)
- Road safety education for people with intellectual disabilities (Soufiane El Amrani, Inclusion Europe)
- Road users with limited mobility (Antoine Fobe, EBU)
The workshop will take place from 10 am until 1 pm (Central European Time) via Zoom. The workshop is free, but access is restricted to members of the Charter. If you would like to join the Charter then please do so here. It only takes a few minutes.
Register to attend the workshop here