1. How do I join the ERSC?
Please note that you will need an EU login to join the ERSC. If you do not have an EU login, you must first create an EU login (see below - Without an existing EU login) and then join the ERSC (see below - With an existing EU login)
With an existing EU login
- Go to the ERSC homepage here: https://road-safety-charter.ec.europa.eu/
- Click the Login button in the upper right side of the screen
- You will be directed to the EU login page
- Enter your EU email address and password
- You will be taken to the ERSC new user signup page
- Fill in the blank boxes in your profile (mandatory boxes are marked with an *)
- Once completed click save
- The ERSC team will review your application
- If more information is needed you will receive an email prompting you to complete your profile
- If all the information is there, your membership will be confirmed
- Please note, this is not an automatic process and may take up to one working day for your membership to be confirmed and you will not be able to share content on the website until this is done
- Once your membership is confirmed you will receive a welcome email with a link to ERSC visuals such as logos and banners
Without an existing EU login
- Go to the EU login page at this address: Create an account (europa.eu)
- You may see an 'access denied' message, just click create an account on the right side of the screen
- If you wish to migrate your existing ERSC account use the same email address
- You will be directed to the EU signup page
- Fill in the blank boxes
- Read the privacy statement and tick the box
- Click create an account
- You will receive a confirmation email
- Click the link provided in the email
- You will be directed to the create a new password page
- Enter a password of your choice in the blank boxes
- Click submit
- Proceed to the ‘With an existing EU login’ section above
If you are having trouble with creating an EU login visit the EU login help page: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/help.html
Once your account is validated, you will have access to your personal page of the “My charter” ERSC to specify your commitment to road safety but also to share events, testimonials and other useful information to the community.
Note that documents and tools are available to help you with your road safety action plan: Guidelines and Tools | European Road Safety Charter (europa.eu)
2. What is an EU login?
The EU login authentication service (formerly ECAS) is a user authentication system for a wide range of European Commission information systems. Every time you use a website that requires an EU login, you will be redirected to the EU login page.
If you already have an ECAS account, you do not have to create a new EU login account.
3. How can an existing ERSC member migrate to an EU login?
If your EU login uses the same email address as your existing ERSC account, your account will automatically be migrated.
If your EU login uses a different email address you will need to create a new EU login with your ERSC email address.
4. What does it mean to be a member?
Joining the ERSC implies that you take one or more actions to improve road safety in your environment. Your commitment to road safety should be detailed and shared on your company profile on the Charter website.
5. What is a member commitment?
A member commitment is a pledge made by a member to improve road safety in their environment. This commitment should identify the road safety problem and state the actions they plan to take and why this is important.
6. What is a member activity?
A member activity is any activity (campaign, project, techniques or other) a member is currently undertaking to improve road safety in their environment, these have not yet been assessed for effectiveness at addressing the problem.
7. What is a good practice?
A good practice is the activity (campaign, project, techniques or other) that a member has undertaken to improve road safety in their environment, that have been assessed for effectiveness in addressing the problem and proven to be successful.
8. What is a testimonial?
A testimonial is a short summary from a member explaining how joining the Charter has helped them to drive forward improvements in road safety.
9. How do I submit a good practice?
The application for good practices is done entirely online via your personal page. Log in with your account and go to the following page: Create Good Practice | European Road Safety Charter (europa.eu)
Please complete the entire form and pay attention to the indicators and your evaluation process, these aspects are essential.
10. What visual materials are available to members?
Please use the visual kit specially created for members, you will find this on the ERSC website under My account, ERSC Toolkit. If you cannot find the visual kit, please email the helpdesk: ERSCfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: logos used cannot give the impression that the event/publication/project where the member refers to is a project directly organised by the European Commission or the Charter.
11. I have forgotten my username/password. What do I do?
- Go to the EU login page at this address: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login
- Enter your email address
- Click on ‘Lost your password?’
- Enter the code
- You will receive an email to set a new password
- Follow the link in the email and fill in the blank boxes
12. Can you promote/sponsor our event?
Unfortunately, we are unable to promote/sponsor your event. However, we invite you to share your event on the ERSC website via your personal page, so it will be visible to all site visitors.
13. Can we invite you to present the Charter at our event?
Send all key details and information to our helpdesk: ERSCemail@example.com for review and we will get back to you.
14. I cannot see my event/activity/good practice on the website
It is likely that is event/activity/good practice is still pending approval. Contact us at: ERSCfirstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation that we have received your event/activity/good practice.
15. How can I change my membership profile including adding a logo?
Once you have logged in click 'My account' on the homepage and then click Edit Profile. Here you can change logos and update text.
16. How can I change my testimonials/commitments/activities/good practices/events?
Once you have logged in click 'My account' on the homepage, you can update your testimonials/commitments/activities/good practices/events.
17. How can I change my ERSC email address?
Login to your EU login account here: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cas/login. Once logged in go to My Account and then Configure my account. Update your email address in the E-mail field and follow instructions on the automated emails to confirm the update. Continue to login to the ERSC with your new email address.
18. Why can’t I access the Charter visuals or upload content to the website?
You will only be able to access visuals and upload content once your membership has been approved. Membership will be approved when your ERSC profile is completed in full. To complete your membership profile, please login, click My Account on the homepage, complete all mandatory fields and click save. Your membership will then be reviewed by the ERSC Team.
Once your membership is approved, you will receive a welcome email and have full access to the website to share your content. Please note this is not an automatic process and may take up to one working day for your membership to be confirmed and you will not be able to share content on the website until this is done.
For any further questions please contact us at: ERSCemail@example.com