If you work together with external partners, list the most important partners and briefly describe their role.
• The Roads and Traffic Agency (Vlaamse Overheid-Mobiliteit en Openbare werken) and the Office of the Flemisch Minister of Mobility (Lydia Peeters);
• Kijk Uit - is a Flemish television programme about traffic safety. The programme has been broadcast on Eén of the VRT since 1977 and is made in cooperation with the Belgian Federal Police, the Flemish Traffic Safety Foundation (VSV), the Brussels Capital Region and the Flemish Region;
• Frank Deboosere, weatherman of the Flemish television (VRT): he is ambassador of XIU;
• The collaboration with VSV: Flemish traffic engineering foundation (Vlaamse Stichting Verkeerskunde);
• VIAS that, together with citizens, companies, universities and governments, contribute to optimizing mobility;
Please describe the project activities you carried/are carrying out and the time period over which these were implemented.
1. By organizing an annual creative competition (from October to March) in which young people from secondary schools are encouraged to think about the importance of visibility in traffic;
2. By bringing fluorescent and retro-reflective material to the attention of young people in a playful way: by using self-developed game materials;
3. By organizing workshops for teenagers: teenagers learn to take responsibility, know their own limits and respect the limits of others;
4 By organizing a national ‘FLUO’day for schools, police, cities and municipalities, companies,… for everyone. By involving other partners, the teenagers are supported. “Seeing and being seen” is important for everyone in traffic: the cyclist wants to be seen and the car driver wants to see the cyclist. It is all about respect, responsibility and commitment in traffic
5. By giving lectures for parents and teachers: traffic behavior does not stand alone, the behavior that young people and adults display in traffic is a reflection of their daily social behaviour;
6. By rewarding the schools for their efforts in the annual visibility checks during the dark months;
7. By calling on the know-how of a number of partners from our own country and other countries.