If you work together with external partners, list the most important partners and briefly describe their role.
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service works as part of the Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland Road Safety Partnership, whose members are:
1) Leicestershire Police, with who we work closely look at and analysing data so we can target the correct type of road users, and planning new campaigns, this ensures that we are data-led, and we look at the data quarterly.
2) EMAS (East Midlands Ambulance Service) when availability allows will come along and assist at presentations and demonstrations
3) Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland Councils for giving us access to schools and colleges, helping us to increase the numbers being reached and educated.
4) The whole partnership as this is where we bid for funding.
Please describe the project activities you carried/are carrying out and the time period over which these were implemented.
The project's activities that we are carrying out are aimed at schools and colleges targeting new drivers and vulnerable road users, with the ability to alter the target group and activity pending updates from our local and national intelligence, including Police stats 19 road traffic collision data, information from the Fire Service call logs allowing us to easily change our campaigns to target any new issues in road safety.
This project started in August 2022 delayed by the COVID pandemic, this is the flagship road safety project for the Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland Road Safety Partnership. We see the launch of this new innovative project as leading the way forward for the next 6-10 years, with an expectation to improve, add to and continue the use of new technologies to assist in the reduction of the number of people killed and seriously injured on our roads (KSIs)
Building on the huge success of our first road safety film the VF4-360 which is now being used worldwide to educate road users of all ages, whilst also being used to train paramedics in Australia.
We needed to continue our leadership as subject matter experts in the use of bringing new emerging technologies into road safety, in the UK, Europe, and the rest of the World.
We put all our road safety attendees through the Hazard Express (numbers between 12,000 - 16,000per year) covering any of the following subjects:
1) VF4-360 Driver Safety
2) VF4-360 Alternative Ending (Using behavioral Change Techniques)
3) Pedestrian Safety
4) Motorbike Safety
5) Push-bike Safety
6) Crossing Roads Safely
These numbers will increase as our library of films increases, allowing us to educate more members of the public, keeping them safe.
Attending schools/colleges delivering quality road safety education through our Fatal Four presentation, then having the safety messages reaffirmed by the use of the all-new, first of its kind only one of its kind in the world, the "Hazard Express"