The Ministry of Mobility and Public Works and La Sécurité Routière have launched a new campaign to promote understanding and respectful interaction among all road users.
It is a question of recalling the importance of simple actions and gestures in the public space in order to guarantee the safety of all.
A series of 7 humorous videos demonstrate behaviors to adopt for good interaction between all road users:
• Episode 1: The pedestrian crosses the pedestrian crossing while staring at his mobile phone without paying attention to the traffic. The driver is more attentive to the situation of the street; it slows down and brakes as the pedestrian crosses the street.
• Episode 2: In order to reduce the risk of an accident, the driver parks in a parking space along the road before using his screen integrated into his car.
• Episode 3: The driver checks his field of vision and his blind spot, he then puts on his turn signal to indicate his change of direction.
• Episode 4: A jogger wears a yellow vest at night to allow maximum visibility for motorists.
• Episode 5: The motorist respects the space and the safe distance from the user in front of him in order to guarantee a more pleasant and less stressful cohabitation for all.
• Episode 6: Before changing direction, the driver slows down and turns her head to control her blind spot. She lets the cyclist pass and puts on her turn signal before turning right.
• Episode 7: The motorist slows down, checks his field of vision and puts on his turn signal before overtaking the cyclist while respecting the safety distance of 1.5m between him and the bicycle.
The videos, in Luxembourgish, are subtitled in French and English for a wider audience.
"La belle action" is available on television, radio, banners on various media sites, on social networks and also on digital screens in trams and buses.
In 3 weeks, the videos have been viewed more than 45,000 times, including 23,900 times for the versions with English subtitles showing the importance for Luxembourg to develop its communication for more safety on the roads in English.