1) Every year the city invests 63.000 euro to address the traffic behaviour among pupils in the city's schools.
We will organise the following actions:
- MORE: a mobility game for children in collaboration with police and community guards
- 'Pol the Traffic fellow' will point out the risks and potential dangers of their behaviour to all road users nearby primary schools in Hasselt.
- Bicycle pooling
- Pedestrian pooling
- Theatre play on road safety for preschool children
- Educational booklet "Knipperlicht" (Blinker) for primary education
2) An integrated mobility plan ensures that we can make long term decisions.
3) A purchased software program allows us to critically discuss the traffic figures in our traffic committee on a monthly basis. Here we evaluate the causes of the accidents that occurred (speeding, poor infrastructure...) and use this information to define corrective actions.