Road Safety actions in the field of sleepiness at the wheel
- Heighten AXA France’s employees awareness about the risks of sleepiness at wheel by dedicating a day to the event - Partnership with the Hotel Dieu Centre of Sleep of Paris
- Creation and distribution of an educational brochure (information provided by the AXA Prevention ‘s 2010 Survey + AXA’s European driving Survey+ pieces of information transmitted by the Centre of Sleep). - Communication to general public through digital system (website, Smartphone applications, social network…)
A first day was organized in June 2010 and will allow us to set up that event again on other AXA sites in France.
Implication: All the AXA prevention team + the Centre of Sleep of the « Hôtel Dieu » (in the presence of Pr Damien Léger, well-known specialist on the subject).
Road Safety actions towards vulnerable users
- Distribution of 54 000 safety jackets for children through 12 Mayors of France associations in order to equip 200 primary classes. These jackets are destined to be worn during group visits supervised by teachers in order to make easier the children’s visibility and supervision.
Implication: AXA Prevention ‘supervisor and its regional officer.
Road Safety actions for young drivers’ training
- Accompaniment of the French new accompanied driving system. (for young drivers and accompanying drivers)
- Post driving licence training for young drivers (in driving schools)
Launch of AXA Prevention’s website ( 2010 )
Communication about roles, results and actions in the road safety field.
Promotion and takeover of European recommendations as well as the Pluri-Annual European Commission Plan about road safety. Presentation of AXA Prevention and links to dedicated road safety websites were also put online.
AXA Prevention co-organiser of events:
Motor Show 2010
- Installation of a car simulator on AXA’s stand which allows one to check its driving with specialists.
- Distribution of prevention objects for visitors, on our stand and around the Motor Show.
- Increase of our visibility in front of the Motor show’s entrance thanks to animations which will orient visitors toward our stand.
Motorbike racing circuit :
Our aim is to open racing circuit (one of the 14 Propositions from Club 14 et AXA Prevention -2005). Therefore, AXA Prevention co-organizes (with Club 14) the « National Motorbikes and Scooter Days » and the « Club 14 Days » which are opened to Club 14 members who would like to improve their driving. The workshops are set in closed racing circuits (Montlhéry, Castelet) with accompaniments from the motorbike Monneret School and SFEDRA (Spécialistes de Formation pour la Diminution du Risque Automobile).
-Partnership with the Parisian Police Headquarter: this event took place at the Circuit Carole for 600 young people. It was organized to sensitize them to the road dangers, in the presence of Michele Merli, Interdepartmental delegate of Road Safety.
-And other actions in which the Association AXA Prevention will be associated thanks to its objective and permanent engagements.
As regards to all of these actions, AXA Prevention would like to position itself as a citizen intermediary of European values and contribute to safety objectives recommended by the European Commission.